Road2Diamond
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My PvT Tactic (still being tweaked)

5 posters

Go down

My PvT Tactic (still being tweaked) Empty My PvT Tactic (still being tweaked)

Post by HotClDeltaF Sun Dec 12, 2010 12:29 pm

My now standard build against terrans is 1 gate FE.
This build would be called a macro style build.

Basically its you get 1 gate, then ur cyber all normal timings, (u can choose if u want 1 gas or 2)
then pump 1 or 2 stalkers and grab ur expansion.
then grab a robo and 3 more gateways (warpgates) and immediatly get a observer.
this is because of the sever constrictor of PvT which is the cloaked banshee harass

From here on out u get 4 more gateways, get zealot legs and blink and a third base and continue to army trade, stop expansions, micro macro. The meta game would say that marauders, tanks, thors would counter gateway units, but this style or macro gateway gives u a much larger army and powerful map control.

Things to be wary of, any 2 gate marine/marauder/svc rush u must scout and adjust into a 4 gate defensive play or anything else u can pull out.
If ur terran opposition is camping with tanks proceed to expand and continue to pump out these core units and get a few phinux to help OR go for warp prism drops to force the terran army to split up and become weak as ur core units roll him.

Any questions or points i would happily answer or talk about. the OP is open to being edited by me if very good points are brought up.

OH and if anyone wants to see a replay here it is. It was this build vs thor marine marauder raven play.

Game- http://www.sc2replayed.com/replays/115127-1v1-terran-protoss-shakuras-plateau

GG out Twisted Evil
HotClDeltaF
HotClDeltaF

Back to top Go down

My PvT Tactic (still being tweaked) Empty Re: My PvT Tactic (still being tweaked)

Post by OpKeKRoAkash Sun Dec 12, 2010 7:36 pm

first of all,the protoss gateway army falls in mid game without godly FF micro or any form of Aoe (storm/collosi).If u cant provide that by mid game,any mm ball with decent upgrades and medivacs (not to mention ghosts) when stimmed will eat u up for breakfeast.

MMM is so powerfull and versatile compared to our gateway units that i never engage in early game unless provoked.

And pls remember,charge/blink doesnt improve our troops,its just makes them decent.
and doesnt matter how fast u replenish ur troops,if u dont add any form of higher tech (HT,DT,collosi,voids) ur gonna die.
Yes,phoenixes are good at lifting up tanks but he can focus fire them and u loose ur 150/100 on ur phoenix,not to mention if he has thors (they have splash and bonus vs light air units like phoenixes).
OpKeKRoAkash
OpKeKRoAkash

Back to top Go down

My PvT Tactic (still being tweaked) Empty Re: My PvT Tactic (still being tweaked)

Post by HotClDeltaF Sun Dec 12, 2010 7:57 pm

Thats the meta game as people see it, but you DONT need the higher tech, getting mass core units, taht actually dont have that perfect counters are great, 2 2 0 mass gateway army is very effective, u dnt need storm countered by ghosts or collosi countered by vikings, just get a very core based gateway army thats getting pumped with upgrades will serve u very well
HotClDeltaF
HotClDeltaF

Back to top Go down

Post by Ryanicale Tue Dec 14, 2010 2:31 am

... very core based gateway army will get rolled.
Ryanicale
Ryanicale

Back to top Go down

Post by ProAnnn Thu Dec 16, 2010 12:16 pm

Gateway army will get rolled by terran or zerg or protoss.
Terran will own gateway army with PURE MMM. MMM rapes gateway unit as easily as banelings own marines.
Zerg will own gateway army with PURE roaches since they are so hardy and cheap and effective! Esp on creeep.

Without collosus you'll fall the them easily.
In PvP, 1 collosus will make the difference and kill you.
ProAnnn
ProAnnn

Back to top Go down

Post by whatami Wed Dec 22, 2010 5:38 am

though the above are true I have actually had a lot of luck with 2 base 5 gate 2 forge in pvp, blink stalkers jump into focus the colossi, making them micro and not target your zealots, then chargelots clean up everything else. pvz and pvt this build fails however.
whatami
whatami

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down