My very own PvZ Tactic (still being tweaked)

Go down

My very own PvZ Tactic (still being tweaked)

Post by HotClDeltaF on Sun Dec 12, 2010 11:01 am

hey guys Wink anyone whos protoss here having trouble with zerg? then heres a build that ive contructed and is still tweeking on my own Idea

Basically the outline is, ramp block the zerg with 2 pylons and 1 cannon. while grabbing a FE
build 2 stargates and pump out about 4-6 void rays and go into harass, and scout
build 2 robos and pump out about6 collosi
research warp in and grab 4 warpgates and warpin about 12 zealots.
grab all your probes and attack move and wait for the GG.

Although that sounds horrifically impossible it works against almost anything aslong as u got good game sense, so i guess this build is pointing towards low diamond or platnims having trouble.

Its ahrd to explain teh specifics but check out these 2 replays, both on xelnaga but it works great on almost all maps with a small ramp

game 1- http://www.sc2replayed.com/replays/115094-1v1-protoss-zerg-xelnaga-caverns
game 2- http://www.sc2replayed.com/replays/115095-1v1-protoss-zerg-xelnaga-caverns


A very powerful build if executed well. Can defend against mass roaches as seen in the 2nd game so give the replays a go. GG out Twisted Evil

*EDIT: 2 more replays
Game 1 (roach hydra push falling)- http://www.sc2replayed.com/replays/115345-1v1-protoss-zerg-shakuras-plateau
GAme 2 (mass muta build)- http://www.sc2replayed.com/replays/115229-1v1-protoss-zerg-shakuras-plateau


Will post this on TL to see response... xD


Last edited by HotClDeltaF on Mon Dec 13, 2010 3:22 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : more replays out)
avatar
HotClDeltaF

Posts : 24
Join date : 2010-12-10

Back to top Go down

Re: My very own PvZ Tactic (still being tweaked)

Post by Kevin on Sun Dec 12, 2010 11:20 am

Nice build, might have to use that against zerg. If possible, can you make a strategy guide on how to defeat terran. mass marines and mauraders and siege tanks at the base really mess me up. Thank you.
avatar
Kevin

Posts : 21
Join date : 2010-12-11
Age : 20
Location : Why do you care ville

Back to top Go down

Re: My very own PvZ Tactic (still being tweaked)

Post by HotClDeltaF on Sun Dec 12, 2010 12:16 pm

lol oh sure man, i got a very standard build order for terrans, usually works great, ill get onto it now, get some replays up too lol
avatar
HotClDeltaF

Posts : 24
Join date : 2010-12-10

Back to top Go down

Re: My very own PvZ Tactic (still being tweaked)

Post by HotClDeltaF on Sun Dec 12, 2010 12:30 pm

avatar
HotClDeltaF

Posts : 24
Join date : 2010-12-10

Back to top Go down

Re: My very own PvZ Tactic (still being tweaked)

Post by Stingray on Sun Dec 12, 2010 12:40 pm

im sorry but i got pylon blockade so many freaking times i send a drone to patrol it and if im gonna FE as zerg i put 2 spines to counter VR i use mutas which also counter zealots n colosus, your build is freaking later game

_________________
avatar
Stingray
Admin

Posts : 67
Join date : 2010-12-10
Age : 20

Back to top Go down

Re: My very own PvZ Tactic (still being tweaked)

Post by HotClDeltaF on Sun Dec 12, 2010 1:22 pm

iF you have seen the replay, the game ends b4 u can get mass muta, or hydra or anything, and even if u do the army comp just wrecks it. plus if i saw mutas id transition into phinux collosus, please check replay b4 posting about timings
avatar
HotClDeltaF

Posts : 24
Join date : 2010-12-10

Back to top Go down

Re: My very own PvZ Tactic (still being tweaked)

Post by ProAnnn on Sun Dec 12, 2010 6:55 pm

ah. I think the pulling probes part may be uneccessary. Pulling 1 probe and building a proxy pylon and reinforcing with warping units will do way better in the mid game
avatar
ProAnnn

Posts : 13
Join date : 2010-12-10
Age : 24
Location : Singapore

Back to top Go down

Re: My very own PvZ Tactic (still being tweaked)

Post by OpKeKRoAkash on Sun Dec 12, 2010 7:29 pm

So this is some form of a toss all-in ?
its the first time i saw someone say to pull ur probes for an atack.SVC are better for atacks because they have 5 more life and they can repair themselves.

And this build is pretty unique regarding pulling ur workers,but theyr have been similar builds,ur not the first.
Any mid to high diamond can crush ur build,either with mass mutas or roach/corruptor,with basic scouting.

I tried myself a timing atack of 1 stargate pumping voids and 3 warpgates at the 9 minute mark,sometimes it works,sometimes it doesnt,but ur atack comes too late and by the time u pump 6 collosi,ur enemy has 200/200.

No offence,but until u show me u beat someone with at least 1k diamond points,this build sounds prety weird.
avatar
OpKeKRoAkash

Posts : 63
Join date : 2010-12-10
Age : 30
Location : Romania

Back to top Go down

Re: My very own PvZ Tactic (still being tweaked)

Post by HotClDeltaF on Sun Dec 12, 2010 7:45 pm

im sorry but the first replay is against a 2K diamond Razz i hope thats enough. You guys are really doubting the timings of the push Razz WHY IS EVERYONE HATING Razz
avatar
HotClDeltaF

Posts : 24
Join date : 2010-12-10

Back to top Go down

Re: My very own PvZ Tactic (still being tweaked)

Post by HotClDeltaF on Sun Dec 12, 2010 7:47 pm

and the pulling off probes is necessary, it is all in but it will win it as the probes form a very nice wall between ur collosi and the enemy. Razz the fact is that i have 6 voids to counter ur corupters, and collosi to counter any ground and all the probes all zealots i can get to push u back Razz:P
avatar
HotClDeltaF

Posts : 24
Join date : 2010-12-10

Back to top Go down

Re: My very own PvZ Tactic (still being tweaked)

Post by OpKeKRoAkash on Sun Dec 12, 2010 8:13 pm

HotClDeltaF wrote:im sorry but the first replay is against a 2K diamond Razz i hope thats enough. You guys are really doubting the timings of the push Razz WHY IS EVERYONE HATING Razz

im not hating man,u can do what build u want.But recommending this as on a daylie basis its bad.
Ussually if a zerg dies ,either he was too greedy or just didnt scouted.


Good for u that u beat 1 2k diamond player.But one drop of rain doesnt fill the ocean.

Pls try posting on TeamLiquid and lets what the ppl there tell u ?Razz


And thats on xel'naga,try giving us some replays on longer maps like scrap station or metapolis.
avatar
OpKeKRoAkash

Posts : 63
Join date : 2010-12-10
Age : 30
Location : Romania

Back to top Go down

Re: My very own PvZ Tactic (still being tweaked)

Post by Stingray on Sun Dec 12, 2010 8:48 pm

abuse the collosus space walk bug

_________________
avatar
Stingray
Admin

Posts : 67
Join date : 2010-12-10
Age : 20

Back to top Go down

Re: My very own PvZ Tactic (still being tweaked)

Post by Lasram on Sun Dec 12, 2010 9:24 pm

The hardest thing to pull off here is to block the ramp. Any decent Zerg will scout the forge and send a drone to prevent the rampblock. Im interested to what your followup is if that happens. If you manage to wall Z in, this might work if Z gets a late lair. You have to be ready for the counter attack though As soon as the Z breaks out of his base he will either roachling counter or Ling baneling counter depending on the way he choose to break out. Im pretty sure there are better ways to follow up the ramp block. But nevertheless this strat might work here and there.

Edit:
Ok after watching one replay: I have to say this seems to be no option AT ALL. Sorry but the fact that you would lose to 20 Speedlings. Or a Zerg player who knows where the drone hotkey is seems to be enough evidence. I think you could make it work way better with 1 Stargate and using chronoboost. And getting warpgates. Voidray and collossus tech before a single ground unit is build is just not viable.

As for your defense. I think you need to build the cannons closer to your expansion. 2 or 3 might be enough (i have seen the Xelnaga replay) and get some units instead of all those cannons. Get your eco up. And when you have some groundforces and did your voidray harrass you should be good to go for collossus tech. The build order you did is going to die to pure speedling. Because you have nothing to defend your base. So the Voidray harrass will never happen cause they have to stay home in order for you to survive.
Just my 2 cents Wink

p.s. I like creative builds though and people who try to make them work.
avatar
Lasram

Posts : 29
Join date : 2010-12-11

Back to top Go down

Re: My very own PvZ Tactic (still being tweaked)

Post by OpKeKRoAkash on Sun Dec 12, 2010 9:52 pm

Lasram wrote:The hardest thing to pull off here is to block the ramp. Any decent Zerg will scout the forge and send a drone to prevent the rampblock. Im interested to what your followup is if that happens. If you manage to wall Z in, this might work if Z gets a late lair. You have to be ready for the counter attack though As soon as the Z breaks out of his base he will either roachling counter or Ling baneling counter depending on the way he choose to break out. Im pretty sure there are better ways to follow up the ramp block. But nevertheless this strat might work here and there.

Edit:
Ok after watching one replay: I have to say this seems to be no option AT ALL. Sorry but the fact that you would lose to 20 Speedlings. Or a Zerg player who knows where the drone hotkey is seems to be enough evidence. I think you could make it work way better with 1 Stargate and using chronoboost. And getting warpgates. Voidray and collossus tech before a single ground unit is build is just not viable.

As for your defense. I think you need to build the cannons closer to your expansion. 2 or 3 might be enough (i have seen the Xelnaga replay) and get some units instead of all those cannons. Get your eco up. And when you have some groundforces and did your voidray harrass you should be good to go for collossus tech. The build order you did is going to die to pure speedling. Because you have nothing to defend your base. So the Voidray harrass will never happen cause they have to stay home in order for you to survive.
Just my 2 cents Wink

p.s. I like creative builds though and people who try to make them work.


Thomas is right.U cant go pumping voids of 2 stargates.U can either die to mass speedlings (mass=30+ speedlings) and before ur voids kill them u can loose all ur ground units and all the probes at ur natural.And if he smells any void rays he will get like 4-6 queens which are near immortal with transfuse.
avatar
OpKeKRoAkash

Posts : 63
Join date : 2010-12-10
Age : 30
Location : Romania

Back to top Go down

Re: My very own PvZ Tactic (still being tweaked)

Post by Kevin on Mon Dec 13, 2010 2:37 am

Stingray wrote:abuse the collosus space walk bug
What is that?
avatar
Kevin

Posts : 21
Join date : 2010-12-11
Age : 20
Location : Why do you care ville

Back to top Go down

Re: My very own PvZ Tactic (still being tweaked)

Post by HotClDeltaF on Mon Dec 13, 2010 3:18 am

@Kevin if u place the robo on the edge of ur base, and u build buildings around it, the collosus will spawn OVER the edge and just walk around in space.

Last night i tested the build with ProAnn, i will post replays, game 1 he went for 10 roaches and 3 hydra push, but i had 5 voids by then and i could deal with it and then got 4 collosi and pushed back, yes again pulling off all my probes.
Game 2 i told him i guess he could do anything he wanted to counter this specific build, so he got the FE, with a partrol drone, and he just got mass muta off 3 bases, and i had lost to that build, but i wouldnt call mass muta and nothing else exactly standard, but we shall see.
avatar
HotClDeltaF

Posts : 24
Join date : 2010-12-10

Back to top Go down

Re: My very own PvZ Tactic (still being tweaked)

Post by OpKeKRoAkash on Mon Dec 13, 2010 6:26 am

Kevin wrote:
Stingray wrote:abuse the collosus space walk bug
What is that?

Collosi are able to walk up into the spaces between earth on same maps like scrap station (the area between the bases).they can litterally just walk into space Smile.

Dont know if they fixed it.U should try it.
avatar
OpKeKRoAkash

Posts : 63
Join date : 2010-12-10
Age : 30
Location : Romania

Back to top Go down

Re: My very own PvZ Tactic (still being tweaked)

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum