Road2Diamond
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tips and Tricks.

2 posters

Go down

Tips and Tricks. Empty Tips and Tricks.

Post by Ryanicale Tue Dec 14, 2010 2:26 am

vs Terran:

Pro things that make a difference:
If you're 1 gate expanding,
Chronoboost your only gate while you expand. Get an early zealot out with 1-2probes to your enemy base for scouting. Kill off his marines with superior micro while rallying a stalker to his base to poke. If you have been playing a lot with a lot of experience, your brain will automatically tell you things from what you scout. Etc, 2 rax, standard opener 1-1-1. The standard opener is very vulnerable to stalker poking. If he walled off, poke with your stalker. Get a second stalker after that while expanding. Learn to be aggressive with your units so that terran doesn't attack you. I don't know about the other terran players, but my style vs toss is very passive aggressive.

And wall off your mineral line and leave 1 spot between a pylon (diagonal to your nexus?) so that you can run your probes when hellion drops. I played this 2200 diamond toss who did it, he made my hellion drop so ineffective it was horrifying. Sad Anyway. I love hellion drops. Did I say that already? Smile Walling off your mineral line is important but its not a lot of things people remember to do.

General advice:
Work on a solid build order that can handle almost anything. Like 2 gate robo, or 3 gate. And learn deviations from it so that you can change it up as the game goes. Thats the best kind of build Wink Read up on teamliquid to find the newest builds. Such as the 2gate stalker poke vs Terran into Void Rays. Its kinda deadly. Hidan tried it vs me I think.

vs Zerg:
Early pressure. Sentries. Early pressure. Thats the key to winning. Early pressure is very important, if not he drones up. And don't rely on something like throwing up 2 pylons to block his ramp + a cannon. Try and keep up in expansions with the zerg. Hell, you have to anyway.

vs Protoss:
I HATE THIS MATCHUP r0idkscxzcz AASL. IMMA KILL YOU.

Haha HuK. perform this allin every game vs Toss. yeah, I recommended it. its just THAT boring.

http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=171264
5 zealots 7 stalkers at 6mins 20 seconds. pull probes and you win. (:

Anyone got more?
Ryanicale
Ryanicale

Back to top Go down

Tips and Tricks. Empty Re: Tips and Tricks.

Post by OpKeKRoAkash Tue Dec 14, 2010 3:24 am

vs Protoss:
I HATE THIS MATCHUP r0idkscxzcz AASL. IMMA KILL YOU.

Haha HuK. perform this allin every game vs Toss. yeah, I recommended it. its just THAT boring.

http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=171264
5 zealots 7 stalkers at 6mins 20 seconds. pull probes and you win. (:

Thats a variant of 4 gate which comes very early and hits pretty hard.But depending on map and scouting u can hold it with a 4 gate.Depends.I never was against it.And if i was put against it,i would find a way against it like 3 gate forge (for cannons).and if things get so desperate i pull all my probes also and make sure i have 50 min for at least 1 probe if i win.
OpKeKRoAkash
OpKeKRoAkash

Back to top Go down

Post by Ryanicale Tue Dec 14, 2010 9:52 am

yeah, but its banking on the fact you DON'T scout it.
Ryanicale
Ryanicale

Back to top Go down

Post by OpKeKRoAkash Tue Dec 14, 2010 6:37 pm

Ryanicale wrote:yeah, but its banking on the fact you DON'T scout it.

i frown upon the use of so called cheese.

i i want to use a strat which relies my oponent not scouting i rather use something like proxy gate or hidden dark shrine for DT,i mean something that doesnt mean pulling my probes to atack lol.

And in pvp i always get suspecious about some crappy shit.So i tend to scout as often as i can.And if i see an "abnormal" quantity of early troops then i am alarmed.(4zeals/7stalkers is alot of troops at the 6 minute mark,he either had been cutting probes or something.),no one has that means troops so early.And assuming a longer distance ,i can focus my income and chrono into getting troops.

But ty for letting me know about this.This is some sick shit.
OpKeKRoAkash
OpKeKRoAkash

Back to top Go down

Post by Ryanicale Wed Dec 15, 2010 12:59 am

but this is a totally solid build! you don't scout it early you're screwed. and even better vs below diamond. haha. yeah, 4 zeals/7stalkers is crazy. you can just grab 1-2 stalkers and deny scouting. and push just as the thing comes out, with aproxy pylon so you get it slightly earlier than 6 mins to his base. hidden darkshrine is too gimmicky, too many toss go for robo anyway.
Ryanicale
Ryanicale

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum