Road2Diamond
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Protoss help?

5 posters

Go down

Protoss help? Empty Protoss help?

Post by Kevin Sun Dec 12, 2010 11:27 am

I need your guys opinion on what I can do that would make me better against terran.
http://www.sc2replayed.com/replays/115105-1v1-terran-protoss-metalopolis
Kevin
Kevin

Back to top Go down

Protoss help? Empty Re: Protoss help?

Post by eFxGamer Sun Dec 12, 2010 12:43 pm

Will take a look at it. Will get Protoss experts
eFxGamer
eFxGamer
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Stingray Sun Dec 12, 2010 2:11 pm

ok you need to improve your timing like when laying your pylons make sure your probe gets there just in time to put the pylon down the moment it hits 100 minerals. Also there are alot of time you are not making anything.
Stingray
Stingray
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by HotClDeltaF Sun Dec 12, 2010 2:20 pm

https://road2diamond.forumotion.org/protoss-f4/my-pvt-tactic-still-being-tweaked-t36.htm would u consider my build?

and i jsut watched urs on times 8 speed and i can see several things u can improve on.

1. ur build order it looks like ur going 3 gate robo? or something? ur timings arent exactly... standard, could look into that def
2. ur attacks u seemed to over commit, you dont have to attack at all, play passive, get an expansion, dont lose units like that man
3. ur FF needs work, but thats just a micro thing that will improve overtime, great to see that ur using them anyway.

Im guessing ur silver or gold? so you have basic fundamentals to improve on, and even that will improve ur game alot. Naturally after playing alot u will gain gamesense in where u will know when to attack, when to fall back, when to expand, so for now get to work on a perfect 4 gate, or perfect 2 gate robo, either in customs or YABOT, and that will improve things for now
HotClDeltaF
HotClDeltaF

Back to top Go down

Post by Stingray Sun Dec 12, 2010 2:53 pm

After watching the replay in detail here are some points that I think you can improve on:
1. The most basic of all part of the game, make constant workers. For a game so long you should at least have saturated one base (24 on mineral 6 on gas)
2. Your build order appears to be uncertain like you were at a lost of what to do. Always be sure of what you want.
3.When scouting always make use of hotkeys to produce probes and keep the scout alive for as long as possible.
4.While warp tech is researching make units constantly out of the gateways and dont be affray to make a few more so that the timing will be just right when the research is done.
5. Don't stop making units from the robo bay and especially get an observer.
6. Against terran and zerg it is especially important to get some sort of unit with AoE attacks such as the collosus and the high Templar's Psi Storm
7. Walling against terran will always do you more harm than good.
8.Suicide fast moving units to find out what unit composition the enemy has.

Thats all the help i can give. Hope it helps.

Cheers
Stingray
Stingray
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevin Sun Dec 12, 2010 2:59 pm

Thanks guys. this will help me a lot.
Kevin
Kevin

Back to top Go down

Post by OpKeKRoAkash Sun Dec 12, 2010 7:19 pm

Ok Kevin.

First of all why did u atacked? And why did u atacked up the ramp?
so...

1)in PvT u should never be the aggresor,unless he is making a fast expansion.
2)never atack up a ramp without vision and when playing on metapolis dont go near the edge of bases,because range units can shoot up at u.
3) as protoss u should stay defensive and tech up to HT or collosi..
4)dont put ur pylons near the edge of ur base because he can scan and kill ur pylons supply blocking u.
5)why do u constantly waste ur troops,throwing them away?
6)use that excess chronoboost when u dont have upgrades researching on ur warpgates so u can get an excess of units when u need them.
7)at the end,why did u FF the ramp 3 times?Razz were u desperate?Smile
8)in PvT u dont wall-up,only in pvz or sometimes in PvP.

Ur macro is good,but u should learn to expand and dont play on 1 base always.
OpKeKRoAkash
OpKeKRoAkash

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down