Road2Diamond
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Improvments Protoss Help

3 posters

Go down

Improvments Protoss Help Empty Improvments Protoss Help

Post by Kevin Wed Dec 15, 2010 8:45 am

http://www.sc2replayed.com/replays/116246-1v1-terran-protoss-blistering-sands

I thought it was a good game. Once I attacked my macro was pretty off dont comment on that please, I already know but just tell me what else I can do better protoss vs terran. Thanks.
Kevin
Kevin

Back to top Go down

Improvments Protoss Help Empty Re: Improvments Protoss Help

Post by Lasram Thu Dec 16, 2010 9:23 am

Hey Kevin,

I watched your replay and would like to give some advice. First of all i want to mention the positive thing. I like that you are trying to use hotkeys (controlgroups) and that you manage to not get supply blocked almost throughout the game. I also like that you are being aggressive and not just sitting behind your cannons. You also did scout early and harrassed a bit with your probe which is good.

There are things you can improve on though. I dont want to be to detailed about them. I am going to try and give you a more general idea on how to improve.

First of all I would suggest that you find a build order for each matchup. Maybe the all famous 4 gate which should be decent in all matchups in bronze league. Just watch a replay of some high level guy and try to copy them as best as you can using hotkeys, building probes constantly, not getting supply blocked and building/warping units to keep yor money low.

In your replay you take forever to build your first probe. And you send one of teh starting workers away immediately to build the pylon which sits in your base for a while until you have the minerals for your pylon. Always remember that SC is an economy based RTS game. Try to mine as much minerals with your workers. In the example above you need to:
1. Build a probe immediately when the game starts.
2. Keep building probes throughout the game.
3. Send your probes to build buildings just before you have the minerals
and send them back to mine after you warped your building in.

This should enable you to smoothen (is that a word?) your build out. You will be able to get units and buildings much faster than now which will lead to more wins.

Other than that I would recommend not getting to much cannons in the early game. If you constantly build units one cannon at your ramp should be more than enough to defend any attacks.
And you should think about your building placement Wink You never want to block your expansion nexus with any buildings. Otherwise you will have to destroy them when you want to expand later.

And a general advice to every player. Watch Day[9] !!!! He is really good at explaining the mechanics and strategies of teh game.

If you have any questions just let me know.

Cheers
Lasram
Lasram

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevin Fri Dec 17, 2010 5:46 am

Thanks. I will be getting another replay up soon to see after I improved from that, what else i need to improve on.
Kevin
Kevin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lasram Fri Dec 17, 2010 6:13 am

Do that. And remember to focus on one thing at a time, master it and move on to the next thing.
Lasram
Lasram

Back to top Go down

Post by Stingray Fri Dec 17, 2010 9:10 am

Adding on to our dear God of Poker there are some options in the menu that you can try out.
1. The hotkey settings, if you cant remember all the hotkeys individually for each race and unit you can use the grid mode which makes your hotkeys in the 3x5 grid in the right bottom matched to the qwerty / asdfg / zxcvb 3x5 grid on your keyboard.
2. Second is something that will help you building placement. The option should be called " Show Building Grid " or something like that but what it does it shows you the extended grid so that you can use it to serve as a guide to place your buildings as buildings like gateways for 3x3 and cannons are 2x2 so on and so forth. Also, un buildable parts of the grid will be displayed in orange squares
3. You can put the Show Health Bar option to 'Always' so that you can micro better i.e. blinking dying stalkers to the back and then re engaging or units lows on health away from death instead of having to click on them individually to find out their satus

Thx
Stingray
Stingray
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down